We got to spend several weeks this summer with our families in Kansas and Indiana. It was such a great trip with lots of extra time for fun and memories!
In KS, we did everything from a wildlife zoo to cheering the guys on in a golf tournament... and lots of fun playing in between:
Great Grandpa, Grandpa, Daddy, Uncle Grant, and the kiddos!
Making cinnamon rolls with MorMor
Playing house with Grandpa
Brooke and Grant chatting it up
Playing Hungry Hungry Hippos
Being brave for Grant and petting the kangaroos
In IN, we got to celebrate Grandma and PaPaw's 50th anniversary - which was so special!! We also managed to fit in some lake time and plenty of fun with the cousins:
My precious mom and dad... in love for over 50 years!
Kate swimming like a fish... in the lake I grew up in =)
Hot afternoons call for DQ runs
Being silly with PaPaw
Padrick cuddling Brooke
Josh attempting to hold her!
Visiting Notre Dame where John went to school, and I met him for the first time ❤️
Showing Kate the golden dome, where she was convinced a beautiful princess lives
Out riding bikes on my parents road, admiring the country sunset
Saturday, December 12, 2015
Here's some pics from the summer that I haven't posted yet. We had a ball playing outside, and going to our pool - the girls couldn't get enough of it!
John joined a softball league with some guys from church... we loved going to the games to cheer him on (and play with friends cheering their daddies on, too)
We also had several visitors this summer, which was so fun! Kate loves showing everyone her "new" big girl room (even if they've seen it before) and all her things =)
|Kate showing off her bunny bag from Aunt Audrey|
|Aunt Bonnie reading Noah's Ark to Kate|
|Going to church with Grandma|
|Helping Hoppy, Grandpa and Daddy opening their Father's Day gifts|
It was such a fun summer with this little family of four!
Wednesday, December 9, 2015
At 10 Months Old, Brooke:
- makes us laugh all the time! She is such a happy, silly girl... always scrunching her face up, or fake laughing just to entertain us
- mysteriously finds a way out of her high chair no matter how well she's strapped in
- is not a fan of puréed baby food anymore... especially now that real food is an option!
- loves to dance whenever there's music playing =)
- hears the dishwasher or refrigerator door open, and darts over to try and get in
- walks across the floor pushing her walker toy
- weighs 17 lbs and is 27 inches long
Friday, November 27, 2015
Tuesday, November 3, 2015
At 9 Months Old, Brooke:
- still sleeps like a champ... as soon as she gets laid down, she starts sucking her thumb =)
- is always on the move - hates being restrained in her high chair or car seat when there's fun to be had
- she loves to giggle and even has a fake laugh to prove it
- gives kisses (open mouthed and slobbery - but oh so cute)
- is just starting some "real" food - loves toast, and chewing on hard pretzels to help those teeth come in
- constantly passes up any of her baby toys, to go play with big sisters toys!
Saturday, October 10, 2015
At 8 Months Old, Brooke:
- is standing and holding onto furniture, but doesn't seem too interested in walking yet (which is just fine with me!)
- has her 2 bottom teeth, and marks on her crib to prove it
- is eating stage 3 baby food... she likes just about everything, but still HATES bananas. I've even tried mashing a tiny bit into rice cereal but she tastes them and gags =)
- loves playing with Kate - a favorite thing to do is when daddy helps her chase after Kate (see pic below)
- says Dada! Still working on Mama
Saturday, September 12, 2015
Kate had her birthday in April and LOVED being celebrated all day long! We were in Kansas with John's family so they got to join in the fun... which meant getting to sing Happy Birthday to Kate, per her request, multiple times =)
MorMor gave her a birthday crown!
Picking our her donut at Krispy Kreme
...and telling the cashier that she's "3 now"!
She got to pick out lunch too... which meant McDonalds, of course
(She looks SO old in this picture)
Then after work, she got to have her party - complete with Frozen decor
Admiring her "birthday table"
Lots of fun gifts!
Including her big girl Minnie bike
Uncle Grant sporting his Frozen crown - everyone was such a good sport and made Kate's birthday extra special