I saw this commercial and seriously thot this was a spoof... but nope. These lovely items are truly for sale, and I'm sure there are truly people that have bought them.
Saturday, November 3, 2012
Half a year - oh.my.goodness! For the most part it seems to have flown by... but I'm also trying to slow down and enjoy each step along the way. I sure love being this little girl's momma.
At 6 Months Old, Kate:
At 6 Months Old, Kate:
- talks, jabbers and squeals a ton (she loves to squeal VERY loudly as we walk through the grocery store... causing people to wonder what I have in my cart)
- does a fake cough combined with a fake cry when she wants to be picked up :) it cracks me up - where in the world did she learn that?
- sleeps 10 hours at night and takes 2-3 short naps
- loves to snuggle with Mommy after she wakes up in the morning
- now goes to the nursery at church - the sweet old ladies adore her
- is sitting up, supported
- is doing great with solid foods - she has rice cereal in the morning and fruit at night. However she's also picked up a new trick... when she's done/full/bored, she "blows raspberries" while there's food in mouth - which makes for a super fun clean up
- weighs 11.2 lbs and is 25 inches long
AND A HAPPY FALL TO EVERYONE FROM THIS LIL PUMPKIN!
PS - here's some outtakes :)
|Look what I found nicely stuffed inside the pumpkin... now no longer protecting me from the slime|
|Excuse me... but why am I sitting in here?|
|I don't get it.|
So we got this awesome duck/chick (ummm I don't really know which one it is) costume from my friend Michele, who used it for her little boy years ago. It was perfect because I didn't want to spend a lot of money on one... Kate's so young and we aren't really into Halloween anyway. But we put this on her and it fit perfectly! What a happy duck/chick :)
Our first stop was the clubhouse in our neighborhood. The ladies who work there are so great - we love them! Miss Laura was there to greet us with hot apple cider and of course, candy.
Next stop was to our friend's Kelly & Beto - and their precious, tiny dog Francine :) Neither Kate nor Francine quite knew what to do with each other.
Then our final stop was at John's grandpa's house, where Great-Grandpa had been patiently waiting to see Kate.
He had plenty of candy waiting for us... of course Kate was more interested in the paper towel lining his candy basket.
And shortly after, this duck/chick was ready for bed. It was such a fun night!